Build a website to showcase your photography the DIY (do-it-yourself) way, with WordPress and a selection of helpful plugins.
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Morten Rand-Hendriksen, staff author here at lynda.com and I'm excited to welcome you to WordPress DIY: Showcasing Photography. In this part of the WordPress DIY Series we're building a website for a photography business or photography project using WordPress and a handful of free plugins and a theme. We'll start off by plotting out the content of the site, what is required, what needs to be created, and where does everything go. Next, we'll use a couple of well-crafted plugins to add new features to the site, and extend the functionality of WordPress itself.
Then, we'll install a new theme and customize the appearance of the site to make the contents stand out and provide a greater user experience for the visitor. And finally, I'll give you some tips on testing, securing, and sharing your site and your content on the web. Your journey to building your own website starts right here, and I'm here to show you how to do it right. Now let's get crackin' with WordPress DIY: Showcasing Photography.
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY.
- Preparing to build a photography site
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring theme settings
- Setting up menus and social media
- Adding custom styles
- Securing your site and managing spam