Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Testing the site before going live, part of WordPress DIY: Showcasing Photography.
- View Offline
- If you've been following this course…from the beginning, you now have a fully built out…website for a photography business…or a person photography project,…but we're not done quite yet.…When building a website, it's important…to make sure everything is working properly…and to check that you've done your part…to ensure those who want to find you, can find you,…and that those who want to contact you, can contact you.…This is what I call the launch test phase.…First, run a full test of the site.…This means clicking on every single button,…following every single link…and seeing that everything works as it's supposed to.…
Here you're looking for everything from broken links…to images that don't load as they're supposed to,…to anything else that might impede the person…visiting the site from getting to the content they want.…Since you're working with WordPress,…you also have to make sure things like comment fields…work properly or, in the case of pages,…whether or not you want comments to be available…for pages or not.…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY.
- Preparing to build a photography site
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring theme settings
- Setting up menus and social media
- Adding custom styles
- Securing your site and managing spam