Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up menus and social media, part of WordPress DIY: Showcasing Photography.
- As I mentioned in the beginning of this chapter,…whenever you install a new theme…it's a good idea to always read the documentation.…That's because a lot of themes have hidden functionality…that isn't immediately obvious…unless you know how the theme works,…and that's the case for Edin.…The documentation for Edin…can be found on wordpress.com,…because that's where the theme…was originally designed for.…If you look at this page you'll see…there's lots of functionality,…and I'll go through some of it.…But we'll start with the menus,…because here there's a really clever hidden feature.…So if you scroll down a bit on this page,…you'll get to the Custom Menus section…where we talked about how you can create menus…and the different menu areas.…
You have the Primary Menu area,…a Secondary Menu area,…and a Footer Menu area.…If you scroll one step further down,…you see here it says Social Icons.…And it tells you if you create a Custom Menu…that has links to different social media outlets,…those links will automatically turn into…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY.
- Preparing to build a photography site
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring theme settings
- Setting up menus and social media
- Adding custom styles
- Securing your site and managing spam
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Photography Site
2. Extending Functionality with Plugins
Adding a contact form5m 53s
3. Picking and Configuring a Theme
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.