Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Roundup of suitable themes, part of WordPress DIY: Showcasing Photography.
- Based on the requirements we set out…for this project, I went searching on the WordPress.org…themes directory for some themes that would…fit our type of project, which is a site to support…a photography business.…There are many themes available that could…be used for this site, and I'd like to show you the three…I think would work best right now.…All feature clean and minimalist design,…all display large images,…and all are responsive and based on up-to-date…coding standards and practices.…The first theme is called Edin,…and it was originally released for WordPress.com…and then they also released it for free…in the WordPress.org themes directory.…
If you go to the theme home page on WordPress.com,…you can see previews of the theme, and…here you see why I was drawn to this particular solution.…Edin features a really strong, forward-facing front page,…where you have this landing message at the top,…with a large image, followed by two different sections…where you can add in customized content,…to drive visitors to specific areas of the site.…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY.
- Preparing to build a photography site
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring theme settings
- Setting up menus and social media
- Adding custom styles
- Securing your site and managing spam
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Photography Site
2. Extending Functionality with Plugins
Adding a contact form5m 53s
3. Picking and Configuring a Theme
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.