Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Roundup of plugins for this course, part of WordPress DIY: Showcasing Photography.
- Looking back at the planning stage for this project,…you'll remember I created a list…of requirements for the site.…Now that I'm building the site itself,…it's time to look at those requirements…and makes sure I get them all added into WordPress.…When I look at this list of five objects,…I can right away see that four of them…have to do with plugins,…and the last one has to do with a theme.…If we go from the top,…large images with full screen "pop up" when clicked,…means I need a theme that displays large images.…And then I need some sort of plugin…that makes images pop out.…
That would mean installing some form of lightbox plugin.…Next, I need nice looking galleries,…preferably with full screen options.…That again focuses on images,…but this time on the gallery.…So I need a plugin that adds…some sort of style to my galleries.…Image captions are something that's built into WordPress,…but I also want to make sure that…when you pop out those images,…either in a gallery or just in a big box,…that the image captions…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY.
- Preparing to build a photography site
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring theme settings
- Setting up menus and social media
- Adding custom styles
- Securing your site and managing spam
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Photography Site
2. Extending Functionality with Plugins
Adding a contact form5m 53s
3. Picking and Configuring a Theme
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.