Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Making a basic content inventory for the site, part of WordPress DIY: Showcasing Photography.
- One of the most useful tools I have at my disposal…when building a new website, is a spreadsheet.…What, a spreadsheet spreadsheet?…Yes, a spreadsheet.…For every major project,…I create a spreadsheet with a complete site inventory.…So it's actually the site inventory that's useful.…The spreadsheet is just where it lives.…A site inventory like you see here…is a list of every major item…that will go on the website.…What is it?…How is it organized in relation to the other content?…What does it contain?…Is there anything special about this piece of content?…Who's responsible for this piece of content, etc, etc.…
All of this information goes into a spreadsheet.…That way, you can keep track of each item,…make sure it's organized properly,…and as content is created,…each item can be checked off…as either not started, in draft,…or ready to be published.…In addition to tracking content,…the inventory will also help you create…an information architecture for your site…and identify content models.…This will come in handy…when you start the practical build of the site,…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY.
- Preparing to build a photography site
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring theme settings
- Setting up menus and social media
- Adding custom styles
- Securing your site and managing spam
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Photography Site
2. Extending Functionality with Plugins
Adding a contact form5m 53s
3. Picking and Configuring a Theme
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.