Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing and activating Edin, part of WordPress DIY: Showcasing Photography.
- Up until this point we've been using WordPress…in its default configuration, displaying our content…using the 2015 theme.…Now it's time to add the Edin theme to our site…and change the appearance of our content…to make it work the way we want.…Now before I do that, I just want to mention…that between the two last movies,…I've added in all the default widgets…that would normally appear in your WordPress site.…So now when I scroll down, you'll see…we have a series of widgets here.…We have a Search widget, and then Recent Posts,…Recent Comments and so on.…These widgets will become important…when we switch to a new theme, so that's why…I added them back in.…
To add a new theme, I can either go to the WordPress toolbar…and select Themes or I can jump…to the back end of my WordPress site,…go to Appearance and Themes.…Both will take me to the same place.…Here I get the Themes page, where I see…all the themes installed on my site currently.…There's currently four.…And I also see which one is active, this 2015 theme.…To add a new theme, I simply click Add New…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY.
- Preparing to build a photography site
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring theme settings
- Setting up menus and social media
- Adding custom styles
- Securing your site and managing spam
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Photography Site
2. Extending Functionality with Plugins
Adding a contact form5m 53s
3. Picking and Configuring a Theme
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.