Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Identifying requirements for a photography site, part of WordPress DIY: Showcasing Photography.
- Based on the goals and needs we mapped out…in the previous movie we can now identify…requirements for both the content…and the presentation of content on the site.…This list will help inform our content creation…as well as the selection of a theme…and supporting plug-ins.…The goal here is to create a guideline to use…as we decide how the site should be put together.…For the site I'm building I've created the following list:…First the site must be able to display large images…with some sort of pop-up functionality that makes them…full screen when a user clicks on them.…
More than likely this means I have…to add some sort of Lightbox plug-in.…I also need the ability…to display image galleries in a nice way.…I know that out-of-the-box image galleries…and WordPress are pretty boring,…so that means I have to figure out some other solution.…I also want the image galleries…to have full screen capability.…This would likely be covered by the same plug-in…that handles single images,…but it's worth investigating if there is a better option…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY.
- Preparing to build a photography site
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring theme settings
- Setting up menus and social media
- Adding custom styles
- Securing your site and managing spam
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Photography Site
2. Extending Functionality with Plugins
Adding a contact form5m 53s
3. Picking and Configuring a Theme
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.