Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Getting people to visit your site, part of WordPress DIY: Showcasing Photography.
- Once the site is extensively tested,…we're finally ready to make it live to the world.…Now, I'm sure you're sitting here wondering right now,…"What do you mean, 'live to the world'?…"I've been building this thing on the web the whole time.…"It's been live and available to everyone."…Well, when I set up WordPress…initially in the WordPress DIY course,…I unchecked the feature that allows…search engines to index my site.…This is so that the search engines don't…tunnel into my site and try to index my content…before I am ready.…Now it's time to…uncheck that feature so the search engines…can come into my site.…
To do that, I go to…the back end of my site,…go to Settings and then to Reading.…Here towards the bottom,…you see this box here, "Search Engine Visability"…and it's currently checked, it says,…"Discourage search engines from indexing this site."…Now if I uncheck this box…and click "Save Changes",…I am simply opening the gates…so that search engines when they land on this page,…will start indexing what's on it.…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY.
- Preparing to build a photography site
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring theme settings
- Setting up menus and social media
- Adding custom styles
- Securing your site and managing spam
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Photography Site
2. Extending Functionality with Plugins
Adding a contact form5m 53s
3. Picking and Configuring a Theme
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.