Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Finding a theme that meets your needs, part of WordPress DIY: Showcasing Photography.
- While plugins allow us to extend the functionality…of WordPress itself, themes allow us to change…the appearance and display of the public face…and contents of our WordPress site.…Want your site to look a certain way?…Find a theme that matches your needs or build one yourself.…The great thing about using WordPress to build websites…is that there are so many themes available.…Pretty much one for every conceivable need.…But that sheer volume of available themes…also makes it hard to navigate the landscape…let alone find the exact theme that is right for you.…
So, when looking for a theme for your site,…here are a few things to keep in mind.…First, make a list of requirements before you search.…This will help you narrow down your options quickly.…Second, know where to search.…There are hundreds of thousands of themes out there…and not all of them are published by reputable sources.…Third, realize there is a chance…your ideal theme does not exist.…You have to be willing to either compromise…or spend the time and money it takes…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY.
- Preparing to build a photography site
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring theme settings
- Setting up menus and social media
- Adding custom styles
- Securing your site and managing spam
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Photography Site
2. Extending Functionality with Plugins
Adding a contact form5m 53s
3. Picking and Configuring a Theme
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.