Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Establishing goals and needs for the site, part of WordPress DIY: Showcasing Photography.
- As with everything else, when building a new website,…it's important to start out right.…That means mapping out your goals and needs,…and figuring out your content before…starting the actual process of building the site itself.…The project we've started on here…is to build a website for a photography business,…and the first step in that process…is to figure out what goals we want to achieve,…and what needs we have for the site.…Let's start with the goals.…Here I ask myself a simple question:…Why do I want a site for my photography business?…The answers are my goals for the site.…
First, I want to get new customers,…and the site will work as both advertising…and a way to find out about my services.…Second, I want to showcase my skills…by displaying my best work.…That way, potential clients and others…interested in photography will see what I've done…and share it with the world.…Third, I want to share my knowledge…so others can learn from me,…and I can become a trusted resource on photography.…That way, people may find me organically,…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY.
- Preparing to build a photography site
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring theme settings
- Setting up menus and social media
- Adding custom styles
- Securing your site and managing spam
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Photography Site
2. Extending Functionality with Plugins
Adding a contact form5m 53s
3. Picking and Configuring a Theme
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.