Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Enabling Jetpack image features, part of WordPress DIY: Showcasing Photography.
- With Jetpack installed, activated,…and connected to my WordPress.com account,…we're ready to take advantage of some of its features.…First, I want to apply some Jetpack features…to my image galleries.…If you've ever tried adding an image gallery to WordPress,…you know it's very easy to do,…but the end result is not all that visually appealing.…At the very most, you get some sort of grid pattern,…like I have here with three columns,…and you can either show square thumbnail images…or medium sized like what I have here.…But it doesn't look all that nice.…
And depending on the size of your images,…it can get really wonky.…What I want instead is a visually appealing gallery…that makes people want to click on my images.…And to get that to happen,…I need to do something.…And that something is Jetpack.…If I got to Jetpack and I scroll down,…you'll find this Jetpack features section.…And if we go and filter based on category,…we can scroll down to the category…known as Photos and Videos.…And here we have a feature called Tiled Galleries.…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY.
- Preparing to build a photography site
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring theme settings
- Setting up menus and social media
- Adding custom styles
- Securing your site and managing spam
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Photography Site
2. Extending Functionality with Plugins
Adding a contact form5m 53s
3. Picking and Configuring a Theme
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.