Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Displaying images with Fancybox, part of WordPress DIY: Showcasing Photography.
- The first functionality I want to add to my site…is that pop-up feature, so when I click on an image…it pops into this box without leaving the page.…If you look at one of my blog posts right now,…so I'll go to my blog, and go look at any of these posts,…let's say this one that has an image gallery,…and I click on one of the images,…you'll see I'm taken directly to the image itself…but I now made my browser jump to a new page…and I'm only seeing the image.…It's not centered, there's nothing behind it,…and to get back to my site I have to hit the back button.…
This works but it's not an ideal situation because…I'm taking people away from the context of my site.…What I want to happen is when I click on the image…it should pop up in a box on top of the rest of the content…and then if I click somewhere else…it'll collapse back down again.…You can see the same functionality happen on a post…that just has regular images, here we have a large image.…And if I click on it, I jump again to the main image…but now I'm away from the context of my site,…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY.
- Preparing to build a photography site
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring theme settings
- Setting up menus and social media
- Adding custom styles
- Securing your site and managing spam