Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring widgets, part of WordPress DIY: Showcasing Photography.
- The next step in our customization process…is to look at the different widgets…we can add to our new theme.…You've already seen that on pages and posts,…we have widgets in the right hand sidebar.…And I told you that this theme allows us…to customize the widgetized areas in different ways.…For my particular purpose,…I actually don't want widgets in my sidebar at all,…but this is entirely up to you.…My personal preference is to remove…all widgets from all sidebars…because I think it's a distraction,…but if you use widgets right,…they can be extremely helpful in driving people…towards the content you want.…
So, before I do anything else,…I'm gonna remove all of my widgets from the sidebar.…And I'm gonna do that by going to the customizer.…So I'll go to Toolbar and Customize.…From here I'm gonna navigate down to Widgets,…and open the Sidebar Widgets,…and then I'm gonna open each of these widgets…and just click on Remove.…What you'll notice is, when I remove…all the widgets from the Sidebar,…all my content shifts over to stay…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY.
- Preparing to build a photography site
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring theme settings
- Setting up menus and social media
- Adding custom styles
- Securing your site and managing spam
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Photography Site
2. Extending Functionality with Plugins
Adding a contact form5m 53s
3. Picking and Configuring a Theme
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.