Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding key content to the site, part of WordPress DIY: Showcasing Photography.
- View Offline
- Once I've built out the content that I listed…in my site inventory, it's time to set up…the framework of my site.…You can see here I have a Word document…that has all of my main pages.…Here we have the Home page, which currently…doesn't really have much information.…Then we have an About page, and as I scroll down…we have a Contact page and a Pricing page…and a Services page, and so on.…Now it's time for me to put this information into WordPress.…Now if I switch to my browser, you'll see here…I have a stock install of WordPress.…
The only two things I've done is I've changed…the title of the site to Pixelford Photography,…and the tag line to the tag line I want to use,…and I also set the permalinks, just like I did…in WordPress DIY, Setting up WordPress.…When I go to my site inventory, you see here…I have a list of pages, and these are the first items…I'm gonna add to my site.…We have a Home page, an About page, a Contact page,…a Pricing page, a Services page,…and a page about my process.…And all this information is also in…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY.
- Preparing to build a photography site
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring theme settings
- Setting up menus and social media
- Adding custom styles
- Securing your site and managing spam