Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding Portfolio content with Jetpack, part of WordPress DIY: Showcasing Photography.
- When you create a site like the one…we're working on in this project,…you quickly butt up against the limitations…of WordPress as it comes out of the box.…On our site we want to have pages,…so we've created some pages.…We want to have blog posts,…so we've created a blog with blog posts.…But we also want to have a portfolio with portfolio content.…If you go look at the site inventory we created,…you see here we have a bunch of pages,…we have a bunch of blog posts,…and then at the bottom,…I have this section called Portfolio.…It says Various and we have various portfolios…for different types of content.…
Now I need to put that into my site somewhere.…It's just that there's no logical place to put it right now.…If I go to the back end of my site,…I can see I have Posts,…so that's where all my blog posts would go.…I have Pages, and that's where all my pages would go.…Then I have these portfolio items that would go somewhere,…but I'm not exactly sure where.…Now it would not go under Media.…Media items in WordPress are all the items you upload…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY.
- Preparing to build a photography site
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring theme settings
- Setting up menus and social media
- Adding custom styles
- Securing your site and managing spam