Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding Jetpack to your site, part of WordPress DIY: Showcasing Photography.
- The next plugin we'll install is the one that…will make the biggest difference for our site.…That plugin is Jetpack, and like I explained previously…in the course, Jetpack is not like other plugins.…You'll see what I mean when I try to install…and activate it on my site.…So, first I'll install it.…I'll go to the Admin panel,…go to Plugins, and Add New, and from here you should…always see Jetpack on the front page under Featured.…So I'm gonna install Jetpack, and when I try to…activate Jetpack, you'll see two things happen.…First, I get a new menu item under the main menu…on the Admin page called Jetpack, and from here I can…access some of Jetpack's features.…
Then I get this huge warning here at the top saying…"Your Jetpack is almost ready!…"Connect now to enable features…"like Stats, Likes, and Social Sharing".…And I have a big button that says…"Connect to WordPress.com".…Now it may seem a little strange that I would connect my…self-hosted WordPress site to a WordPress.com account,…but it has a very natural explanation.…
Ready for the next stage? Find more courses in this series by searching for Wordpress DIY.
- Preparing to build a photography site
- Making a content inventory
- Choosing a theme and plugins
- Configuring theme settings
- Setting up menus and social media
- Adding custom styles
- Securing your site and managing spam
Skill Level Beginner
1. Preparing to Build a Photography Site
2. Extending Functionality with Plugins
Adding a contact form5m 53s
3. Picking and Configuring a Theme
4. Going Live
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.