Join Chris Woodruff for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of Building Web APIs with ASP.NET Core (2016).
- [Lecturer] Let's take a look at what you need to know to be successful in this course. I don't expect an expert level of knowledge, but I do expect you to have some experience programming in C# and working in the .NET Framework. For example, you should be able to do things like creating C# classes that model SQL Server tables and understand the MVC pattern. If you aren't familiar with these topics, I suggest you check out our course, ASP.NET MVC 5 Essential Training.
Also having some experience with LINQ will be good, as we'll be using it to query our database. Having some knowledge of Entity Framework and Microsoft SQL Server will be useful. Finally, having some experience with ASP.NET MVC and ASP.NET Web API 2 will come in handy for this course.
- Installing Visual Studio and SQL Server
- Creating your Web API project
- Routing in ASP.NET Core
- Adding and connecting controllers
- Modeling binding and validation
- Measuring performance