Learn how to build Web APIs to connect web and mobile applications to back-end servers and databases in ASP.NET Core.
- The internet is a very different place from five years ago let alone 20 when I first started as a professional developer. Web APIs connect the modern internet, and drive both web applications and mobile apps. The skill of creating robust web APIs that other developers can consume is in high demand. Hi, I'm Chris Woodruff, but everyone calls me Woody, and I have been designing and developing Enterprise web APIs for over four years.
In this course we'll be developing web APIs for the imaginary company called H+ Sports with ASP.NET Core. This is an open source cross platform framework for Windows, MAC OS, and Linux. We will go over setting up your new web API project, implementing CRUD operations to connect your APIs to a sequel server database, and see how ASP.NET Core differs from other frameworks. Our web APIs will allow full access to business data including viewing customer orders, creating new orders, and assigning orders to a salesperson.
I'm super excited to share this information with you, so lets get started.
- Installing Visual Studio and SQL Server
- Creating your Web API project
- Routing in ASP.NET Core
- Adding and connecting controllers
- Modeling binding and validation
- Measuring performance