- Reviewing key differentiators
- Navigating the 3 Ds of Watson Analytics: data, discovery, and display
- Importing, joining, and refining data
- Using natural language querying
- Understanding key drivers
- Interpreting decision trees
- Displaying insights
- Assembling multitabbed displays and dashboard filters
- Modifying and sharing displays
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Instructor] Hi, I'm Chris Dutton, and welcome to Watson Analytics Fundamentals. This course will introduce you to Watson Analytics, a self-service, cloud-based business intelligence platform built on IBM cognitive technology. I'll show you how Watson Analytics empowers even novice users to leverage advanced data science techniques like machine learning and predictive modeling with a minimal learning curve and virtually no prerequisite skills. I'll demonstrate how to import and refine data from could-based or local sources, how to create new calculations, hierarchies and data groups on the fly, and how to leverage unique features like cognitive starting points, natural language queries, and dynamic insights and discoveries.
I'll show you how Watson Analytics can expose powerful insights by automatically detecting trends and correlations in your data, identifying key drivers, and generating predictive models and decision trees in a matter of minutes, not days. Finally, I'll demonstrate just how easy it is to assemble, customize, and share your own interactive visualizations, dashboards, and infographics, all with the click of a button. Ready to see what Watson can do for you? Let's dive in with Watson Analytics Fundamentals.