- View Offline
- Core concepts and architecture
- Creating a user interface for Apple Watch
- Handling scrollable content
- Creating menus, buttons, and groups
- Using control and lifecycle events
- Creating and populating Apple Watch tables
- Building glances and notifications
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Welcome to Developing for Apple Watch First Look, I'm Simon Allardice. This is a course where you'll take your existing IOS development skills, and very quickly ramp up into this new skill set covering everything you need to know to start making Watch apps. We'll begin with Watch user interfaces, this is a completely different layout model from iPhone and iPad. We'll go thought the UI Controls, there aren't that many, but it's worth knowing the ones we do have even better, because even the old favorites don't behave exactly the same way. We'll see there are surprising differences from what you might be used to in IOS when working with tables and rows, or when building apps with multiple screens and working with navigation.
And we'll explore WatchKit architecture, how these apps work, and particularly the interaction between the watch and the iPhone. We'll even explore the optional elements of a Watch app, glances and notifications. That's the course, if you're ready, let's get started.