Join Morten Rand-Hendriksen for an in-depth discussion in this video Who this course is for and how it works, part of Moving WordPress with WP Migrate DB and DB Pro.
- This course is for anyone who wants to move a Wordpress site from one location to another. That could be to move your site from one hosting provider to another, or it could be moving a site from a local development environment to a live server, or downloading a live site to a development environment for further development. The WP Migrate DB family of plugins makes all these processes easy and removes the stress and frustration of having to rewrite content inside the databases. To make the course easy to follow I've split it into a series of chapters, each with a specific tool and goal in mind.
In chapter one, we'll start by looking at the free WP Migrate DB Plugin and how to use it. In chapter two, we'll look at the Premium WP Migrate DB Pro Plugin and I'll show you how upgrading makes the migration process as easy as clicking a few buttons. In chapter three, we'll use the media file addon to simplify moving media files between sites without having to use an FDP application, and we'll wrap it all up in chapter four with some common problems that may arise and how to solve them. So, if you're new to WP Migrate DB and Wordpress migration, watch the whole course.
If you're here to learn something specific, like what you get with a Pro update, or how to move files with the media files addon, or how to fix a problem, jump directly to the appropriate chapter.
- Moving files via FTP
- Installing WP Migrate DB on both sites
- Exporting and importing the database
- Using the WP Migrate DB Pro
- Understanding push and pull
- Moving files with the Media Files add-on
- Troubleshooting common WordPress migration problems