- View Offline
- Moving files via FTP
- Installing WP Migrate DB on both sites
- Exporting and importing the database
- Using the WP Migrate DB Pro
- Understanding push and pull
- Moving files with the Media Files add-on
- Troubleshooting common WordPress migration problems
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hello, and welcome to Moving WordPress with WP Migrate DB and WP Migrate DB Pro. I'm Morten Rand-Hendriksen, senior staff author and WordPress expert. In this course I'll show you how to move or migrate a WordPress site from one location to another while retaining all the content and all the settings using the popular and easy to use WP Migrate DB and WP Migrate DB Pro plug-ins. First, we'll briefly look at what WordPress Migration is and how it works, then I'll walk you through the process of migrating WordPress sites using the free WP Migrate DB plug-in.
Next, I'll show you how to simplify the migration process through the use of the premium four P WP Migrate DB Pro plug-in and the media files add-on and finally we'll look at some common problems that arise and how to fix them. Understanding WordPress Migration means you'll be able to develop a site on your computer before moving it to the web or move a site from one location on the web to another with ease. So let's get cracking with Moving WordPress with WP Migrate DB.