Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with the render stack, part of Learning VUE.
- As I mentioned previously,…whenever you render something in VUE,…by default, it's getting stored on your hard drive…in the so called render stack.…But that's not a standard file that you can actually…open with any image editor like Photoshop.…When you're ready to actually compare files…and deliver assets, you need to save…to a standard file format.…I'm going to use PNG because that's…a pretty universal format.…There's no project folders in VUE,…so I recommend that you create project folders…for the various assets just manually.…
Once again, I don't recommend that you use…the so called personal folders that are available…within the VUE browsers because those are all…going to be somewhere on your system drive.…It's really a better practice to store…all of your project assets on a different drive…or at least a different folder other than…your system folder.…So I've created an exercise files folder for the course,…and one of the sub-folders there is render output.…
I want to convert the file that I just rendered…to the render stack to something that can be read…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Author Aaron F. Ross covers sculpting and procedurally generating terrain, adding realistic lighting and atmospherics, and creating thousands or even millions of natural objects such as trees, rocks, and plants in an instant with EcoSystems. With VUE's powerful tools and Aaron's instruction, you'll have everything you need to start building landscapes, oceans, atmospheres, ecosystems, and other realistic digital worlds.
- Installing VUE
- Navigating the interface
- Manipulating objects
- Adjusting sunlight and clouds
- Sculpting terrains
- Generating procedural terrains
- Editing materials
- Adding water, rocks, and plants
- Rendering your VUE environments
Skill Level Intermediate
Cinema 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with VUE
3. Modeling Terrains
4. Shading with Materials
5. Populating Scenes
6. Rendering Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.