Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with infinite planes, part of Up and Running in VUE.
- In this sample scene provided by E-on Software,…all of the terrain objects are identical copies.…They're instances.…They've just been positioned, rotated,…and scaled slightly differently.…Additionally, they've all been cropped…by the ground plane.…In the Top view, it's clear that this terrain object…has a ragged edge, or border,…and these ones are perfectly square.…This is happening because there are…different elevations above the ground plane.…Anything that's below the ground plane…is going to get cropped off.…
Right now the ground plane is hidden,…and that actually makes it a little bit easier…for us to see this process.…I can select an object over here,…and then move it up and down.…And as it moves up and down,…you can see it getting cropped.…Very cool.…And we can control this,…not just by moving the objects,…but also by moving the ground plane itself.…And again, right now it's hidden, so let's un-hide it.…Go into the World Browser and click on the button…on the far right until you get a little eyeball,…and then select the Ground plane.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Author Aaron F. Ross covers sculpting and procedurally generating terrain, adding realistic lighting and atmospherics, and creating thousands or even millions of natural objects such as trees, rocks, and plants in an instant with EcoSystems. With VUE's powerful tools and Aaron's instruction, you'll have everything you need to start building landscapes, oceans, atmospheres, ecosystems, and other realistic digital worlds.
- Installing VUE
- Navigating the interface
- Manipulating objects
- Adjusting sunlight and clouds
- Sculpting terrains
- Generating procedural terrains
- Editing materials
- Adding water, rocks, and plants
- Rendering your VUE environments
Skill Level Intermediate
CINEMA 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with VUE
3. Modeling Terrains
4. Shading with Materials
5. Populating Scenes
6. Rendering Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.