Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Object toolbar, part of Learning VUE.
- We've seen how to load a cloud layer…by opening up the Atmosphere editor…and clicking on the Load button.…You can save a little bit of time by…using the icons over here on the Object toolbar.…As you can see there's a little cloud icon,…and when you click on that…the Atmosphere editor opens and a new cloud layer…is added automatically.…Just as if we had launched the Atmosphere editor…and then clicked on the New button here.…And of course it remembered the last…cloud layer type that I had added,…or the last preset.…
So it says Twisted Cumulus there.…Okay I'm going to delete that…and then click OK, and then go back…and show you that we have a bunch of other options here…on these icons.…And this is throughout View on all the toolbars.…Some of the icons have a little triangle next to them,…and that is known as a flyout…or a popup in most programs.…In View, it's called an unfoldable icon.…When you click and hold your mouse…then you will see a bunch of options here.…
And if you hover your mouse,…you'll get a little tool tip that pops up…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Author Aaron F. Ross covers sculpting and procedurally generating terrain, adding realistic lighting and atmospherics, and creating thousands or even millions of natural objects such as trees, rocks, and plants in an instant with EcoSystems. With VUE's powerful tools and Aaron's instruction, you'll have everything you need to start building landscapes, oceans, atmospheres, ecosystems, and other realistic digital worlds.
- Installing VUE
- Navigating the interface
- Manipulating objects
- Adjusting sunlight and clouds
- Sculpting terrains
- Generating procedural terrains
- Editing materials
- Adding water, rocks, and plants
- Rendering your VUE environments
Skill Level Intermediate
Cinema 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with VUE
3. Modeling Terrains
4. Shading with Materials
5. Populating Scenes
6. Rendering Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.