Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Function Editor, part of Learning VUE.
- To fully harness the power of materials,…and indeed of VUE itself,…we need to get familiar with the Function Editor.…This is a window that provides a way to…create complex data connections…with a node-based interface,…and we'll use it to make simple changes to…our layered material.…I've got that material applied onto this terrain right now;…we can do a quick Render just to…remind ourselves what that looks like.…We got a pretty consistent grass surface here,…and what I'd like to do is make it more patchy,…and control the pattern,…and that'll provide a good introduction…to the Function Editor.…
I'll select that terrain, go into the Material Editor,…right click and choose Edit Material,…and select the Grass Layer,…and you'll notice in the Color & Alpha tab…under Color production,…there's a message that says,…"Use the function editor for advanced color production."…We can use the Function Editor really anywhere in VUE.…I'd like to focus on using it for the Alpha Map,…or the transparency here.…Right click and choose Edit Function…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Author Aaron F. Ross covers sculpting and procedurally generating terrain, adding realistic lighting and atmospherics, and creating thousands or even millions of natural objects such as trees, rocks, and plants in an instant with EcoSystems. With VUE's powerful tools and Aaron's instruction, you'll have everything you need to start building landscapes, oceans, atmospheres, ecosystems, and other realistic digital worlds.
- Installing VUE
- Navigating the interface
- Manipulating objects
- Adjusting sunlight and clouds
- Sculpting terrains
- Generating procedural terrains
- Editing materials
- Adding water, rocks, and plants
- Rendering your VUE environments
Skill Level Intermediate
Cinema 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with VUE
3. Modeling Terrains
4. Shading with Materials
5. Populating Scenes
6. Rendering Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.