Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Touring the VUE interface, part of Learning VUE.
- I've relaunched Vue so we can take a look…at the interface of the program.…I've got the Welcome screen here,…and I'll just load up that default sample scene…by clicking Empty.…And let's now tour the Vue interface.…Like many 3D programs,…we have a bunch of icons here.…Vue is actually kind of deceptively simple,…if you're used to something like Maya,…you're accustomed to a lot more icons on the screen.…And Vue looks relatively simplistic,…but don't be fooled because there's a lot of power…hidden in this relatively simple interface.…
The top row of icons is known as the Control Bar,…and these over here on the left are the Object Bar.…You can use the Object Bar to create objects.…At the bottom is the Status Bar,…it tells us, for example,…how many objects we have in the scene.…And then over on the right is the main area…for editing scenes in Vue,…it's called the Scene Information Bar.…It includes various other elements.…For example, we have the Object Properties here.…
When an object is selected,…its properties will be displayed here.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Author Aaron F. Ross covers sculpting and procedurally generating terrain, adding realistic lighting and atmospherics, and creating thousands or even millions of natural objects such as trees, rocks, and plants in an instant with EcoSystems. With VUE's powerful tools and Aaron's instruction, you'll have everything you need to start building landscapes, oceans, atmospheres, ecosystems, and other realistic digital worlds.
- Installing VUE
- Navigating the interface
- Manipulating objects
- Adjusting sunlight and clouds
- Sculpting terrains
- Generating procedural terrains
- Editing materials
- Adding water, rocks, and plants
- Rendering your VUE environments
Skill Level Intermediate
Cinema 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with VUE
3. Modeling Terrains
4. Shading with Materials
5. Populating Scenes
6. Rendering Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.