- So far in this course, all of our test renders have been…performed using the Quick Render button up here on the…Main Camera View toolbar.…When we click that button we get a preview quality render…that's the same resolution as the active view port or panel.…When we're ready to start to testing out actual disk output…we'll want to go into the render options and determine…key properties such as resolution.…Go to Render, Render Options.…And this dialogue has many controls.…
We won't have time to cover all of them in this course…but we will hit the high points.…On the upper left is the Quality setting.…And there are a bunch of presets here,…and also the option to enable User custom Settings.…We'll come back to that in a later movie.…For now let's just leave this at Preview so that…we can get comfortable with setting up other parameters…such as the resolution and render destination.…Going down here a little bit we have Render destination.…By default we're going to render into the main view…and by that is meant this view port here.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Author Aaron F. Ross covers sculpting and procedurally generating terrain, adding realistic lighting and atmospherics, and creating thousands or even millions of natural objects such as trees, rocks, and plants in an instant with EcoSystems. With VUE's powerful tools and Aaron's instruction, you'll have everything you need to start building landscapes, oceans, atmospheres, ecosystems, and other realistic digital worlds.
- Installing VUE
- Navigating the interface
- Manipulating objects
- Adjusting sunlight and clouds
- Sculpting terrains
- Generating procedural terrains
- Editing materials
- Adding water, rocks, and plants
- Rendering your VUE environments
Skill Level Intermediate
Cinema 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with VUE
3. Modeling Terrains
4. Shading with Materials
5. Populating Scenes
6. Rendering Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.