Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Sculpting a procedural terrain, part of Learning VUE.
- Procedural terrains can be sculpted…just like standard height-fields,…but there are some limitations around that.…I've got a procedural terrain in my view.…I can select it in the world browser…and then open up the terrain editor…with the edit object button.…Let's now sculpt this a little bit.…I want to flatten it out near the camera,…which just happens to be this front-right edge here.…Go to the "paint tab"…and we want to make sure we're only sculpting in 2D,…so I'll enable "Force 2D"…We have a lot of options here.…
One of them is to reduce or increase…the altitude, just globally…and that's kind of helpful here…so let's do that.…Got the ability to adjust the altitude,…and that's this: "Altitude brush"…and when that's enabled, you will get…an altitude plane that indicates what…your target altitude is for the brush.…If I rotate with the right mouse button,…you can see this transparent plane,…that's our target, and when I drag across here,…I'm pushing that terrain down…to the altitude level,…and the altitude plane is set here…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Author Aaron F. Ross covers sculpting and procedurally generating terrain, adding realistic lighting and atmospherics, and creating thousands or even millions of natural objects such as trees, rocks, and plants in an instant with EcoSystems. With VUE's powerful tools and Aaron's instruction, you'll have everything you need to start building landscapes, oceans, atmospheres, ecosystems, and other realistic digital worlds.
- Installing VUE
- Navigating the interface
- Manipulating objects
- Adjusting sunlight and clouds
- Sculpting terrains
- Generating procedural terrains
- Editing materials
- Adding water, rocks, and plants
- Rendering your VUE environments
Skill Level Intermediate
Cinema 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with VUE
3. Modeling Terrains
4. Shading with Materials
5. Populating Scenes
6. Rendering Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.