Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Scattering objects, part of Up and Running in VUE.
- VUE gives us a couple of options for duplicating objects.…A straight up duplicate is an identical instance.…In order to make it easier for me…to select the rocks I'm creating,…I'm going to freeze or lock…the Sea and the Procedural Terrain.…Here in the World Browser, Procedural Terrain is visible.…I'm going to click on the Eye icon until I get a padlock.…That means the Procedural Terrain is locked…and I can't accidentally select it…when I'm trying to select the rocks.…Same thing for the Sea, I want to lock that.…
Okay, let's make a duplicate of the River Lee Stone.…I can select it here in the main camera view…and then up on the top toolbar is a Double Action icon,…and the left mouse button will duplicate…and the right mouse button will launch the…Scatter Replicate Objects dialogue.…To make an identical copy, we can just left click.…And it gets placed exactly on top of the selected object.…Let me move that over to the side and deselect it.…So we can see that they're two identical instances…with the same shape.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Author Aaron F. Ross covers sculpting and procedurally generating terrain, adding realistic lighting and atmospherics, and creating thousands or even millions of natural objects such as trees, rocks, and plants in an instant with EcoSystems. With VUE's powerful tools and Aaron's instruction, you'll have everything you need to start building landscapes, oceans, atmospheres, ecosystems, and other realistic digital worlds.
- Installing VUE
- Navigating the interface
- Manipulating objects
- Adjusting sunlight and clouds
- Sculpting terrains
- Generating procedural terrains
- Editing materials
- Adding water, rocks, and plants
- Rendering your VUE environments
Skill Level Intermediate
CINEMA 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with VUE
3. Modeling Terrains
4. Shading with Materials
5. Populating Scenes
6. Rendering Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.