Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Painting in the Terrain Editor, part of Up and Running in VUE.
- We previously saw how to apply materials…based upon the slope or altitude of a terrain.…We can also paint a mask in the Terrain Editor…to assign materials to particular areas,…and, in fact, we can even combine…those two methods within the Terrain Editor.…I've got a terrain ready here.…I'll select it and then click on Edit Object…to open the Terrain Editor.…To paint, we'll need to choose the appropriate brush,…and the one you want is the Paint Material brush.…On my system it's showing up here on the lower right.…
Yours will probably be on the upper right corner…of the brush presets,…but when you click on Paint Material watch what happens…down here in the Materials section.…Now suddenly we have two materials listed.…The default material was what we had assigned…to the object before we entered the Terrain Editor.…If we had assigned, for example, grass…before we opened this window,…then we would see grass here.…Above that is default rock,…and that always gets added when you click on this brush.…
The brush only allows us to mask off material layers.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Author Aaron F. Ross covers sculpting and procedurally generating terrain, adding realistic lighting and atmospherics, and creating thousands or even millions of natural objects such as trees, rocks, and plants in an instant with EcoSystems. With VUE's powerful tools and Aaron's instruction, you'll have everything you need to start building landscapes, oceans, atmospheres, ecosystems, and other realistic digital worlds.
- Installing VUE
- Navigating the interface
- Manipulating objects
- Adjusting sunlight and clouds
- Sculpting terrains
- Generating procedural terrains
- Editing materials
- Adding water, rocks, and plants
- Rendering your VUE environments
Skill Level Intermediate
CINEMA 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with VUE
3. Modeling Terrains
4. Shading with Materials
5. Populating Scenes
6. Rendering Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.