Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Painting an EcoSystem, part of Up and Running in VUE.
- In addition to applying an ecosystem as a material,…we can also paint an ecosystem onto a surface,…and that's done with the Ecosystem Painter.…There's a button for that on the top toolbar.…Click on that and the Ecosystem Painter dialog opens up.…I'm going to resize that so it all fit onto…our capture area all at once.…And as you can see there are a bunch of buttons…up here.…Most importantly, there is Painting Mode,…which lets us create instances.…
And then there's Selection Mode.…Once you've got instances then you can…select them and perform operations on them.…There are lots of different brushes down here.…Primarily you'll be concerned with the Populate Brush,…and for example, the Erase Brush,…and maybe Color, or Scale.…You can also move instances around.…And each one of these brushes has parameters…that you can access.…Let's load something into the Ecosystem Population area.…I'll scroll down and let's click on Add Plant.…
The Plant Browser opens up.…I'm going to load in a grass.…Go to grasses,…and on the first page of grasses,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Author Aaron F. Ross covers sculpting and procedurally generating terrain, adding realistic lighting and atmospherics, and creating thousands or even millions of natural objects such as trees, rocks, and plants in an instant with EcoSystems. With VUE's powerful tools and Aaron's instruction, you'll have everything you need to start building landscapes, oceans, atmospheres, ecosystems, and other realistic digital worlds.
- Installing VUE
- Navigating the interface
- Manipulating objects
- Adjusting sunlight and clouds
- Sculpting terrains
- Generating procedural terrains
- Editing materials
- Adding water, rocks, and plants
- Rendering your VUE environments
Skill Level Intermediate
CINEMA 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with VUE
3. Modeling Terrains
4. Shading with Materials
5. Populating Scenes
6. Rendering Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.