Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Optimizing render times, part of Learning VUE.
- In VUE, as in all 3D programs, there's no big button…that magically makes your scene look beautiful.…You have to invest a lot of time in adjusting…subtle effects in order to get the artistic result you want.…I've invested some time in this scene…and changed a bunch of things including…the Exposure, the Ecosystem, and the Color…of the foreground objects.…And let's take a look at the result after I've made…all those changes.…We'll do a Preview Render.…
Here's the Preview Render of the current scene…and it's quite different from the previous rendering,…we can select that to compare it.…That one's a lot darker and more contrast-y.…I felt that playing with the exposure…and some of the atmosphere and colors…helped to enhance the realism, basically…making it look a little bit less computer generated.…Now we're ready to do a final rendering,…and that can be a time consuming process,…so be prepared for a long haul.…In order to streamline the process so that you're…not waiting for an entire frame to render,…you can specify a render area.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Author Aaron F. Ross covers sculpting and procedurally generating terrain, adding realistic lighting and atmospherics, and creating thousands or even millions of natural objects such as trees, rocks, and plants in an instant with EcoSystems. With VUE's powerful tools and Aaron's instruction, you'll have everything you need to start building landscapes, oceans, atmospheres, ecosystems, and other realistic digital worlds.
- Installing VUE
- Navigating the interface
- Manipulating objects
- Adjusting sunlight and clouds
- Sculpting terrains
- Generating procedural terrains
- Editing materials
- Adding water, rocks, and plants
- Rendering your VUE environments
Skill Level Intermediate
Cinema 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with VUE
3. Modeling Terrains
4. Shading with Materials
5. Populating Scenes
6. Rendering Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.