Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Optimizing preview performance, part of Learning VUE.
- Before going too deeply into atmosphere,…so I wanted to talk about optimizing…the performance of these preview windows.…We have the OpenGL window here,…and then we also have the camera control preview,…and these are both set to automatically update, basically,…whenever you do anything that affects the atmosphere.…And this can be problematic, because…that rendering is going to happen…in the background, it's going to take up…100 percent of your CPU, and you're not going…to be able to work while that rendering is happening.…
We can control this process in a number of ways.…To illustrate this, I'm going to open up…the Windows Task Manager with the keyboard shortcut…ctrl + shift + esc, and I'm in the performance tab here,…and you can see my CPU usage.…When I'm not doing anything, I've got a CPU usage…that's like two percent or almost nothing.…Now, if you want to do this on the Mac,…it's a little bit more complicated.…You need to go into your applications folder…and find the activity monitor.…
Launch that, and then choose the windows menu,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Author Aaron F. Ross covers sculpting and procedurally generating terrain, adding realistic lighting and atmospherics, and creating thousands or even millions of natural objects such as trees, rocks, and plants in an instant with EcoSystems. With VUE's powerful tools and Aaron's instruction, you'll have everything you need to start building landscapes, oceans, atmospheres, ecosystems, and other realistic digital worlds.
- Installing VUE
- Navigating the interface
- Manipulating objects
- Adjusting sunlight and clouds
- Sculpting terrains
- Generating procedural terrains
- Editing materials
- Adding water, rocks, and plants
- Rendering your VUE environments
Skill Level Intermediate
Cinema 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with VUE
3. Modeling Terrains
4. Shading with Materials
5. Populating Scenes
6. Rendering Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.