Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Navigating in perspective viewports, part of Learning VUE.
- To navigate in a Perspective View, you'll use…slightly different commands than in an Orthographic View.…You also might want to maximize a view,…so we want to make this main camera view take up…the entire interface.…You can do that in a couple of ways.…One is from this toolbar at the top of the panel itself.…There's cube icon, which is the Display Options.…If you click that you can see that there's a bunch of…commands here, for example, Maximize/Restore.…
And when I execute that we get a fullscreen panel.…We can also double click on the panel toolbar…up here, and that will accomplish the same thing.…And finally, there is a keyboard shortcut,…which is F7, or function seven.…To navigate the camera in a perspective view…such as this main camera view,…you've got lots of options.…You can either use the keyboard shortcuts,…or this camera control panel over here.…
And we'll look at all of the options.…To dolly forward and back, once again,…just like in an ortho view, you can use the wheel…on your mouse, and that will move you forward and back.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Author Aaron F. Ross covers sculpting and procedurally generating terrain, adding realistic lighting and atmospherics, and creating thousands or even millions of natural objects such as trees, rocks, and plants in an instant with EcoSystems. With VUE's powerful tools and Aaron's instruction, you'll have everything you need to start building landscapes, oceans, atmospheres, ecosystems, and other realistic digital worlds.
- Installing VUE
- Navigating the interface
- Manipulating objects
- Adjusting sunlight and clouds
- Sculpting terrains
- Generating procedural terrains
- Editing materials
- Adding water, rocks, and plants
- Rendering your VUE environments
Skill Level Intermediate
Cinema 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with VUE
3. Modeling Terrains
4. Shading with Materials
5. Populating Scenes
6. Rendering Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.