Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Navigating in orthographic viewports, part of Learning VUE.
- Let's tale a look at view port navigation in VUE.…That is controlling the camera…in order to take in the scene from various vantage points.…If you've still got the scene file opened…from the previous movie,…you can just go ahead and use that.…Otherwise, if you wish, you can open up…one of the template scenes.…Those are accessed from the Welcome panel,…which is found in the Help menu.…Help, Show Welcome Panel.…And I can click on the simple landscape here.…And that'll give me something to work with…as I explore the view port navigation tools in VUE.…
The very first time that VUE is launched,…you may see a dialogue labeled…User Interface Presets.…And the idea there is you can use the keyboard…and mouse shortcuts from your 3D application of choice,…such as Maya or 3DS Max.…However, I encountered issues in VUE 2015…in which those keyboard shortcuts…did not work the same way that they did…in Maya and 3DS Max.…Therefore I don't recommend that you use…those user-interface presets.…And just stick with the default VUE keyboard shortcuts.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Author Aaron F. Ross covers sculpting and procedurally generating terrain, adding realistic lighting and atmospherics, and creating thousands or even millions of natural objects such as trees, rocks, and plants in an instant with EcoSystems. With VUE's powerful tools and Aaron's instruction, you'll have everything you need to start building landscapes, oceans, atmospheres, ecosystems, and other realistic digital worlds.
- Installing VUE
- Navigating the interface
- Manipulating objects
- Adjusting sunlight and clouds
- Sculpting terrains
- Generating procedural terrains
- Editing materials
- Adding water, rocks, and plants
- Rendering your VUE environments
Skill Level Intermediate
Cinema 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with VUE
3. Modeling Terrains
4. Shading with Materials
5. Populating Scenes
6. Rendering Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.