Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Navigating in the Terrain Editor, part of Up and Running in VUE.
- Let's look at Navigation and Display options…in a Terrain Editor.…I've got a standard height field in this simple scene.…I'll select it and click on Edit object.…Open up the Terrain Editor.…And in the Terrain Editor, you have the ability…to view the terrain from different angles…using keyboard and mouse shortcuts.…First of all is rotation or orbit,…also known as tumble.…Use the right mouse button if you got a 3-button mouse.…If you only have a 1-button mac,…you can use control and a mouse button…in order to orbit or tumble.…
To move forward and back,…the only option you have is the mouse wheel.…Turn the wheel to move closer or farther away.…And that's not the same as zoom…which is the field of view or focal length of the camera…and that's accomplished with a different…keyboard and mouse shortcut.…And a 3-button mouse is control and right mouse button…to zoom in.…Now I've zoomed in really tight here.…I'm going to zoom back out again.…Again, that's different from the wheel which is dollying.…
If you want to change the field of view on a 1-button mac,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Author Aaron F. Ross covers sculpting and procedurally generating terrain, adding realistic lighting and atmospherics, and creating thousands or even millions of natural objects such as trees, rocks, and plants in an instant with EcoSystems. With VUE's powerful tools and Aaron's instruction, you'll have everything you need to start building landscapes, oceans, atmospheres, ecosystems, and other realistic digital worlds.
- Installing VUE
- Navigating the interface
- Manipulating objects
- Adjusting sunlight and clouds
- Sculpting terrains
- Generating procedural terrains
- Editing materials
- Adding water, rocks, and plants
- Rendering your VUE environments
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Getting Familiar with VUE
3. Modeling Terrains
4. Shading with Materials
5. Populating Scenes
6. Rendering Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.