Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Manipulating objects, part of Learning VUE.
- Unlike most 3D programs, as soon as you select something…you're able to move it,…you're always in move, rotate and scale mode.…For example, if I click on the camera here,…we instantly see that we have this manipulator…also known as a gizmo,…and this is pretty familiar to most 3D users.…We can move the camera up and down for example,…or if I go over here to a top view,…I can move the camera in the x axis…of the world in this case.…
I can also switch between various…reference coordinate systems.…Right now, I'm manipulating in the global coordinate system…relative to the world,…but we have these little helpers up here…that let us switch between various…reference coordinate system.…If I want to move in the local space of the camera,…I can click on the L here,…and you can see the move, manipulator or gizmo…is now aligned with the camera itself.…And when I click and drag here I'm moving the camera…in its own x axis.…
We also have parent mode here, that's the P,…and then view mode allows us to move relative…to the current picture plane itself.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Author Aaron F. Ross covers sculpting and procedurally generating terrain, adding realistic lighting and atmospherics, and creating thousands or even millions of natural objects such as trees, rocks, and plants in an instant with EcoSystems. With VUE's powerful tools and Aaron's instruction, you'll have everything you need to start building landscapes, oceans, atmospheres, ecosystems, and other realistic digital worlds.
- Installing VUE
- Navigating the interface
- Manipulating objects
- Adjusting sunlight and clouds
- Sculpting terrains
- Generating procedural terrains
- Editing materials
- Adding water, rocks, and plants
- Rendering your VUE environments
Skill Level Intermediate
Cinema 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with VUE
3. Modeling Terrains
4. Shading with Materials
5. Populating Scenes
6. Rendering Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.