Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Managing display layers, part of Learning VUE.
- In the final chapter of Up and Running in Vue…we'll take a look at rendering images.…Rendering can be very slow and even the process…of test rendering can really slow you down.…If you've got a heavy scene with a lot of plants and rocks…and objects and you're simply trying to test the effects…of an atmosphere then you'll probably want to hide…all those heavy objects while you're testing the atmosphere.…And, to do that you can use Display Layers to hide objects…either in the open GL preview or in the renderer or both.…
Also, to speed up the process of test rendering…I recommend that you disable the camera control…and the atmosphere preview, because those are both…going to really slow down the iterative process…of test rendering.…In the Display Menu I'm going to hide the Camera Control…Center.…If you've already hidden it, that's fine, but I'm going to…go ahead and hide it in my system now.…Now it's gone.…And, likewise I wanna turn off the atmosphere preview…in the open GL windows.…
Display,…Atmosphere Preview, and Disable Open GL Atmosphere Preview.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Author Aaron F. Ross covers sculpting and procedurally generating terrain, adding realistic lighting and atmospherics, and creating thousands or even millions of natural objects such as trees, rocks, and plants in an instant with EcoSystems. With VUE's powerful tools and Aaron's instruction, you'll have everything you need to start building landscapes, oceans, atmospheres, ecosystems, and other realistic digital worlds.
- Installing VUE
- Navigating the interface
- Manipulating objects
- Adjusting sunlight and clouds
- Sculpting terrains
- Generating procedural terrains
- Editing materials
- Adding water, rocks, and plants
- Rendering your VUE environments
Skill Level Intermediate
Cinema 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with VUE
3. Modeling Terrains
4. Shading with Materials
5. Populating Scenes
6. Rendering Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.