Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Loading sample scenes, part of Learning VUE.
- To get a better feel for manipulating objects…and navigating in Vue, let's open up a sample scene.…And that'll be a little bit more interesting for us…to work with instead of this flat, default, round plane.…We can open a scene from the Content Files directory…either by clicking on this Open button…or by going into the File menu and, once again,…choosing Open.…And we get a file browser and this is, basically,…a list of all of the content that's available to us…from the Content files that corresponds to the particular…object type or scene type that we have invoked.…
In other words, this dialog will change depending upon…what button we pressed.…I invoke the Open Scenes command and, therefore,…we're seeing scenes here instead of, for example,…individual rocks or plants.…There are a bunch of tabs up here.…Each one of these is a so called collection…and within each collection there may be multiple pages.…And you can scroll through the pages by pressing these…dots down here.…You can also make the thumbnails smaller…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Author Aaron F. Ross covers sculpting and procedurally generating terrain, adding realistic lighting and atmospherics, and creating thousands or even millions of natural objects such as trees, rocks, and plants in an instant with EcoSystems. With VUE's powerful tools and Aaron's instruction, you'll have everything you need to start building landscapes, oceans, atmospheres, ecosystems, and other realistic digital worlds.
- Installing VUE
- Navigating the interface
- Manipulating objects
- Adjusting sunlight and clouds
- Sculpting terrains
- Generating procedural terrains
- Editing materials
- Adding water, rocks, and plants
- Rendering your VUE environments
Skill Level Intermediate
Cinema 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with VUE
3. Modeling Terrains
4. Shading with Materials
5. Populating Scenes
6. Rendering Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.