Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Loading rocks, part of Up and Running in VUE.
- Adding rocks is very easy.…We've got a button over here to add rocks,…but before we do that, we want to zoom in the top view,…to the place that we want our rock to appear.…Because, I've got a large terrain here, it's a procedural…terrain that is four kilometers on a side.…I just want to zoom in really tight on the camera here,…until I'm in the range of about five meters in the view…and use the right mouse button to center that view.…On the object tool bar, the rock button…is a double-action icon.…
If you left click, you'll create a rock using…the most recent settings.…If you right click, you'll open the rock browser.…Let's right-click to open the browser and then go for the…rocks tab and you can see there's lots of tabs:…boulders and pebbles and so on.…Go to rocks and then in the categories, choose smooth…and we've got one here that if you hover your mouse…it says River Lee Stone.…Notice by the way, that if we don't look at the tool tips…at the bottom here, this says 033D broken stone one…and the one next to it says 033 broken stone two;…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Author Aaron F. Ross covers sculpting and procedurally generating terrain, adding realistic lighting and atmospherics, and creating thousands or even millions of natural objects such as trees, rocks, and plants in an instant with EcoSystems. With VUE's powerful tools and Aaron's instruction, you'll have everything you need to start building landscapes, oceans, atmospheres, ecosystems, and other realistic digital worlds.
- Installing VUE
- Navigating the interface
- Manipulating objects
- Adjusting sunlight and clouds
- Sculpting terrains
- Generating procedural terrains
- Editing materials
- Adding water, rocks, and plants
- Rendering your VUE environments
Skill Level Intermediate
CINEMA 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with VUE
3. Modeling Terrains
4. Shading with Materials
5. Populating Scenes
6. Rendering Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.