Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Loading Plants, part of Up and Running in VUE.
- Adding plants is a similar process…to adding rocks and is just as easy.…On the object toolbar,…we've got a dual-action icon for plants.…Left-click to create a plant of the most recent type,…or right-click to open the plants browser.…I'll right-click, and I've got the plants browser open.…We have a bunch of tabs.…Let's go to the bushes tab, and the one…I'm going to launch in here is Bush 1 - Crawling.…And my tool tip says that it's going to be about…6 feet high and 100,000 polygons max.…
Click on that, and we get a plant…appearing in the center of the top view,…but we will need to drop it onto the terrain.…I'll move it up, and then position it over…in the main camera view so that it's…on the side of the screen there.…And then click to drop it onto the ground.…Once it's there we might want to scale it.…It's a bit too large.…I'll go to the main camera view…and activate the scale tool with the "s" shortcut,…and then click right in the center of that scale gizmo…and just shrink that plant down a bit.…
Go back to the move tool with "m"…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Author Aaron F. Ross covers sculpting and procedurally generating terrain, adding realistic lighting and atmospherics, and creating thousands or even millions of natural objects such as trees, rocks, and plants in an instant with EcoSystems. With VUE's powerful tools and Aaron's instruction, you'll have everything you need to start building landscapes, oceans, atmospheres, ecosystems, and other realistic digital worlds.
- Installing VUE
- Navigating the interface
- Manipulating objects
- Adjusting sunlight and clouds
- Sculpting terrains
- Generating procedural terrains
- Editing materials
- Adding water, rocks, and plants
- Rendering your VUE environments
Skill Level Intermediate
CINEMA 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with VUE
3. Modeling Terrains
4. Shading with Materials
5. Populating Scenes
6. Rendering Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.