Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Layering in the Terrain Editor, part of Learning VUE.
- Digging a bit deeper into painting in the Terrain editor,…let's look at managing layers,…and also at how to constrain the brush operations…to particular slopes or altitudes.…In the World Browser double click on the Terrain…to open up the Terrain editor.…Here's what we had from the previous lesson.…Let's add a new layer.…And that's what this button is down here,…Add New Material.…Click on that and the Material browser appears.…
In the Landscapes tab, we can choose Desert.…Select the material and now we have a new layer…appearing at the top of the layers stack here.…At this point we can delete the default rock.…Select it, and if we click the trash can here,…we'll actually erase the entire layer or material.…If there were only two materials here then the trashcan…would erase the strokes but not the material.…But because we have three or more materials,…the trashcan will actually erase the material entirely.…
Alright now we've just got Desert and Default.…To make it easier to see where we're painting…I'm going to change the desert color…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Author Aaron F. Ross covers sculpting and procedurally generating terrain, adding realistic lighting and atmospherics, and creating thousands or even millions of natural objects such as trees, rocks, and plants in an instant with EcoSystems. With VUE's powerful tools and Aaron's instruction, you'll have everything you need to start building landscapes, oceans, atmospheres, ecosystems, and other realistic digital worlds.
- Installing VUE
- Navigating the interface
- Manipulating objects
- Adjusting sunlight and clouds
- Sculpting terrains
- Generating procedural terrains
- Editing materials
- Adding water, rocks, and plants
- Rendering your VUE environments
Skill Level Intermediate
Cinema 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with VUE
3. Modeling Terrains
4. Shading with Materials
5. Populating Scenes
6. Rendering Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.