Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Installing content extras, part of Up and Running in VUE.
- The extra content files is a package…from E-on software that you can download…and install into your VUE Content Files directory.…These extra content files are provided…to help you learn the program,…and you're not supposed to use them in production…because the copyrights are owned…by the people who made those files.…So they're not strictly factory default assets.…They're additional content files…that you can use for tutorial purposes.…Let's take a look at that.…
I've downloaded it, unzipped it,…and placed it on my Desktop.…And there's a ReadMe.txt file in there.…Let me open that up.…And it says that the sample scenes…on this disk are provided by their creator…so that you can study the way they were designed,…but the creator retains full copyright.…To access these assets from within VUE,…you'll need to copy them into…the current Content Files directory.…As we saw in the last movie,…I've installed the Content Files…into my Program Files directory.…
I've already got that open.…Here I've got on my C drive, under Program Files,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Author Aaron F. Ross covers sculpting and procedurally generating terrain, adding realistic lighting and atmospherics, and creating thousands or even millions of natural objects such as trees, rocks, and plants in an instant with EcoSystems. With VUE's powerful tools and Aaron's instruction, you'll have everything you need to start building landscapes, oceans, atmospheres, ecosystems, and other realistic digital worlds.
- Installing VUE
- Navigating the interface
- Manipulating objects
- Adjusting sunlight and clouds
- Sculpting terrains
- Generating procedural terrains
- Editing materials
- Adding water, rocks, and plants
- Rendering your VUE environments
Skill Level Intermediate
CINEMA 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with VUE
3. Modeling Terrains
4. Shading with Materials
5. Populating Scenes
6. Rendering Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.