Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Generating fractal heightfields, part of Learning VUE.
- Procedural terrains employ generative algorithms to…create landscapes, but we can also employ similar techniques…with standard height fields.…I've already got the terrain editor open.…If you don't, go ahead and open it up.…Now, let's talk about the fractal terrains over here.…That's what all these buttons are.…Let's clear out this terrain by clicking on this button,…Reset All.…And that's going to reset both 2D and 3D operations,…and now I've got a flat plane here.…
The state of these reset buttons is very significant.…If this top reset button is grayed out,…then that usually means that there is no edit present,…in other words, there has been no sculpting and no…fractal algorithm applied…to the terrain.…You have all these buttons over here, and if there is…no edit present, then the button will generate a new…fractal terrain.…If the button is not grayed out, then that means that…edits exist,…and when you click on one of these buttons,…you're going to be layering the effects.…
Let me illustrate.…One of the cool buttons we got here is Peak.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Author Aaron F. Ross covers sculpting and procedurally generating terrain, adding realistic lighting and atmospherics, and creating thousands or even millions of natural objects such as trees, rocks, and plants in an instant with EcoSystems. With VUE's powerful tools and Aaron's instruction, you'll have everything you need to start building landscapes, oceans, atmospheres, ecosystems, and other realistic digital worlds.
- Installing VUE
- Navigating the interface
- Manipulating objects
- Adjusting sunlight and clouds
- Sculpting terrains
- Generating procedural terrains
- Editing materials
- Adding water, rocks, and plants
- Rendering your VUE environments
Skill Level Intermediate
Cinema 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with VUE
3. Modeling Terrains
4. Shading with Materials
5. Populating Scenes
6. Rendering Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.