Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Exporting and importing heightfield maps, part of Learning VUE.
- Here's the randomly generated terrain…we created in the previous movie.…It's got a height field resolution of 1024 by 1024…and it's got about two million triangles in it…as shown in this readout here.…And it looked pretty good in the Terrain Editor…if you recall, but here in the main camera view…in the other viewports,…it looks kind of soft and mushy,…but that's just because the OpenGL preview…has been throttled.…Basically, it's a simplified version of the mesh.…
If we actually do a test render of this,…it'll look a lot better.…And this is the first time we've done…a test render in this course.…If we give focus to the main camera view,…we can click on the little camera icon here…with the left mouse button…and that'll do a quick render in that viewport.…And it looks pretty good there.…We get a dialog that pops up here…saying gamma is enabled,…and when we click that OK button,…we also get a post-render option's dialog.…
I'm going to disable this.…We're going to take a look at this later in the course,…but just so that we're not bothered…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Author Aaron F. Ross covers sculpting and procedurally generating terrain, adding realistic lighting and atmospherics, and creating thousands or even millions of natural objects such as trees, rocks, and plants in an instant with EcoSystems. With VUE's powerful tools and Aaron's instruction, you'll have everything you need to start building landscapes, oceans, atmospheres, ecosystems, and other realistic digital worlds.
- Installing VUE
- Navigating the interface
- Manipulating objects
- Adjusting sunlight and clouds
- Sculpting terrains
- Generating procedural terrains
- Editing materials
- Adding water, rocks, and plants
- Rendering your VUE environments
Skill Level Intermediate
Cinema 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with VUE
3. Modeling Terrains
4. Shading with Materials
5. Populating Scenes
6. Rendering Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.