Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Editing simple materials, part of Up and Running in VUE.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Now let's take a look at the material editor.…Select the object and from the object properties aspect tab,…right click on the sample and choose edit material.…And we get the material editor, there are two flavors…of the material editor: basic and advanced.…The advanced one opens by default.…If you want to switch over to the basic material editor,…click on this button here.…However, I don't really see much need…to use the basic material editor.…It's not really that much simpler than the advanced one,…so you might as well just stick with…the advanced material editor always.…
We see the name of the material here, rough rocks,…and then the type of material is here, simple material,…and there are a bunch of different types.…We're just going to stick with…the simple material right now.…There are a lot of buttons over here…to control the rendering process.…For example, you could disable lighting,…or disable indirect lighting, or disable shadows and so on.…So that's where all of the rendering properties…are controlled for this particular material.…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Author Aaron F. Ross covers sculpting and procedurally generating terrain, adding realistic lighting and atmospherics, and creating thousands or even millions of natural objects such as trees, rocks, and plants in an instant with EcoSystems. With VUE's powerful tools and Aaron's instruction, you'll have everything you need to start building landscapes, oceans, atmospheres, ecosystems, and other realistic digital worlds.
- Installing VUE
- Navigating the interface
- Manipulating objects
- Adjusting sunlight and clouds
- Sculpting terrains
- Generating procedural terrains
- Editing materials
- Adding water, rocks, and plants
- Rendering your VUE environments
Skill Level Intermediate
CINEMA 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with VUE
3. Modeling Terrains
4. Shading with Materials
5. Populating Scenes
6. Rendering Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.