Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Customizing in the Plant Editor, part of Learning VUE.
- VUE gives us the ability to customize plants…in a somewhat limited fashion.…We can do things like change the size of leaves…and the length of branches.…We can also generate new, unique plants…based upon the parameters in the Plant Editor.…Let's open the Plant Editor.…I'll select the object and then click on Edit Object,…either on the top toolbar…or, indeed, in the World Browser itself.…Edit selected object...…
And the Plant Editor launches.…Within here, I have the ability to control, for example,…the length of branches and trunk.…That's done over here.…And right now, if I adjust the length,…I'll be adjusting it for both the branches and the trunk.…If I wanted to adjust just one or the other,…I can go up here to the pull down list that says All subsets…and I can choose Trunk subset and…maybe only play with the trunk length.…I can examine the plants from different angles…in this OpenJL preview.…
Use the mouse wheel to zoom in and out,…and use the right mouse button to tumble around…to examine that plant.…We can, likewise, adjust the leaves,…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Author Aaron F. Ross covers sculpting and procedurally generating terrain, adding realistic lighting and atmospherics, and creating thousands or even millions of natural objects such as trees, rocks, and plants in an instant with EcoSystems. With VUE's powerful tools and Aaron's instruction, you'll have everything you need to start building landscapes, oceans, atmospheres, ecosystems, and other realistic digital worlds.
- Installing VUE
- Navigating the interface
- Manipulating objects
- Adjusting sunlight and clouds
- Sculpting terrains
- Generating procedural terrains
- Editing materials
- Adding water, rocks, and plants
- Rendering your VUE environments
Skill Level Intermediate
Cinema 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with VUE
3. Modeling Terrains
4. Shading with Materials
5. Populating Scenes
6. Rendering Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.