Join Aaron F. Ross for an in-depth discussion in this video Choosing options and preferences, part of Up and Running in VUE.
- When VUE launches,…by default you'll see the Welcome screen…and you can load one of these templates scenes.…And if you wish, you can also access things…like the Options or Preferences…or you can just simply close the dialog…which I'm going to do by clicking this little x button…on the upper right hand corner.…And now VUE automatically loads a default scene…that has a ground plane, a camera and a simple atmosphere.…Right now, we want to just change up…a couple of simple options.…
Go into the File menu and choose Options.…Those are the preferences for VUE.…Within the General Preferences, the first thing…I want to point you to is down at lower right hand corner,…Gamma Options.…Click that and opens up a child window.…I want you to set the Gamma to 2.2…because 1.8 is an obsolete standard…for the Macintosh OS X…and every other display device in the world…uses a Gamma of 2.2 so let's set that to 2.2 here…and also in the Input and Output for the Image Files.…
So, what does all this mean?…It means that the screen itself here will be assumed…
AuthorAaron F. Ross
Author Aaron F. Ross covers sculpting and procedurally generating terrain, adding realistic lighting and atmospherics, and creating thousands or even millions of natural objects such as trees, rocks, and plants in an instant with EcoSystems. With VUE's powerful tools and Aaron's instruction, you'll have everything you need to start building landscapes, oceans, atmospheres, ecosystems, and other realistic digital worlds.
- Installing VUE
- Navigating the interface
- Manipulating objects
- Adjusting sunlight and clouds
- Sculpting terrains
- Generating procedural terrains
- Editing materials
- Adding water, rocks, and plants
- Rendering your VUE environments
Skill Level Intermediate
CINEMA 4D R16 Essential Trainingwith Ian Robinson9h 35m Beginner
3ds Max 2016 Essential Trainingwith Aaron F. Ross10h 44m Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with VUE
3. Modeling Terrains
4. Shading with Materials
5. Populating Scenes
6. Rendering Images
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.